STEM Smart: Pathways to Middle-Skill Occupations and Beyond
At the May 12th workshop, participants learned about National Science Foundation and other funded research, programs, and resources to improve career and technical education across secondary and post-secondary levels for middle-skill STEM occupations.
- skill development for middle-level occupations;
- STEM academies, CTE high schools, community colleges, university, and industry partnerships and pathways;
- student internships and teacher externships;
- developmental mathematics;
- project-based learning;
- programs for special populations;
- regional technical education resource centers;
- maker movement and informal education;
- and more!
Read the STEM Smart Brief on CTE Pathways to STEM Occupations.
Watch the plenary presentation recordings.
Visit the National Academy of Sciences website to read more about Education for Life and Work.
A #Storify has been created to capture the #nsfstem live tweets from the workshop. Thank you to everyone who contributed.